War To Peace
THE PRIVATE TOUR – NOT A JOIN-IN TOUR
You will meet Mr. Suon Rottana. He will walk alongside you during the museum tour and share with you many untold stories about the war and his personal experience as a Khmer Rouge child soldier and landmine survivor. Suon will bring you to a local killing field and share with you how Cambodia is working through reconciliation, justice and will speak to the peace he longs for in his country.
MORNING or AFTERNOON
- Start time – 8:30 am / 12:00pm
- Finish time– Approx. 1:30 pm / 5:00 pm
- Meeting place/ Pick up – Your accommodation in SR city
- Places include– Siem Reap War Museum, Killing field pagoda
- Transportation – Tuk Tuk
- Lunch/Dinner – we can bring you back to your hotel or drop you in town.
At 8:30am (Morning tour) or 1:30pm (afternoon tour) Your guide and TukTuk’s driver will be in the lobby of your hotel. Your guide will manage to buy all the entrance tickets for you. All the places are in the town. Your guide will bring you to the War Museum and he will walk you around with his knowledge of touring through his real experience in the war. After the war museum you will visit Killing pagoda. From today’s experience you will understand a little bit more how Cambodians heal from their own wounds.
PRICE & INCLUSION
For a private tour for:
- 1 person the price is $ 57 USD / person
- 2 people the price is $ 29 USD / person
- 3 – 4 people the price is $ 20 USD / person
- 5 – 10 people the price is $ 15 USD / person
- More than 10 people, we can discuss the price with the request
This price included:
- Private killing field historical guide
- Private Tuk Tuk transportation with pick up and drop off
- Pure drinking water
- Fair payment to all involved service person
This price not included:
. Entrance ticket to War Museum ( $6 USD / person )
. Entrance ticket to Killing Pagoda ( $3 USD / person )
TRAVEL WITH CHILDREN
We are happy to welcome children and offer a free tour for children aged 5 years old and under. And we will discount 20% for children aged 6 – 10 years old.
- The killing field history (from the beginning to present)
- Deactivated landmine and War ordinance
- Killing field in the active pagoda